Conditions of participation
- The title of this competition for cartoons and caricatures is "JUST EXPLAIN IT SIMPLY : The UN and its Millennium Goals – another world is possible!"
- The call for entries is directed towards all cartoonists.
- Deadline: Submissions must be mailed by 15th of August, 2014 to TALIDE e.V., Waldemarstraße 33, 18057 Rostock, Germany. Submissions postmarked later than 15th of August will not be accepted in the competition. The words " Just explain it simply " must be written on the entry envelope.
- Each participant may submit a maximum of three artworks. The artworks must be originals. They may not be have been submitted to other competitions. Captions should be either in German, Spanish or the English language.
- Only the submitting artist’s original works are permitted.
- Maximum format of the artworks: A4 (210 x 297 mm).
- The artwork should not be framed. There are no restrictions concerning artistic technique.
- 8. The proposed works should also be sent to TALIDE by email. Use JPG as your file format, 300 dpi image resolution.
- On the reverse side of the original artworks should be written the full name, postal address, email address and phone number of the artist.
- Also include a short C.V. (curriculum vitae), max. one A4 page, and a photo or a self-caricature of the artist.
- Participation in the competition must be declared by 16th of June, 2014 by filling out the participation form on the project website.
- The prizewinners will be selected by an independent jury.
- Three main prizes will be awarded:
1st prize: 1.000 Euros
2nd prize: 500 Euros
3rd prize: 300 Euros
- The three winning artworks will become the property of the competition organizers.
- Selected entries will be exhibited. In addition, a competition catalog will be produced. Each artist whose works are exhibited or presented in the catalog will receive a copy of the catalog free of charge.
- Originals will only be sent back if indicated by the artist. In this case, enclose an envelope and sufficient postage to return your submission.
- Participants in the competition grant permission for the use of the proposed artworks in the competition organizer’s own publications, and for publications related to the competition.
- In submitting their work participants automatically agree to the competitions terms and conditions. PLEASE NOTE: This also includes permission for their work to be exhibited and printed in the competitions catalogue as well as to be used by TALIDE e.V.
- The participants are required to ensure that the content of the submitted work does not contravene laws regarding copyright, competition regulations, child welfare, trademark law or other industrial property rights as well as personal rights of third parties.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions. The competition organisers have the right to cancel the competition at any time as well as to modify and modify the competition or change the prize should the competition not be feasible in the intended manner.
- The participant agrees to make no legal claims against the competition organizers.